A program designed to teach self-control and problem solving skills to at-risk youth. Based on social leaning model of the development and treatment of aggression and anti-social behaviour.
Programs & Services:
- SNAP for Boys
- SNAP for Girls
- Parent Training Groups – run concurrently with Boy’s and Girl’s Groups
- Girls Growing Up Healthy – Mother/Daughter SNAP Group
- Individual Counselling & Mentoring
- School Advocacy & Support
- Clinical Services
- Referral to Hamilton Arson Prevention Program for Children (HAPP-C) provided by Hamilton Emergency Fire Services for children with fire involvement/interest
Children may only be enrolled prior to 12th birthday.
SNAP program is not suited for children who have or are diagnosed with serious physical impairments; developmental delays; Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, or Autism Spectrum Disorders. Families are encouraged to call Contact Hamilton for Children's and Developmental Services to connect with agencies who can provide the most appropriate support.