What does the Red Book include?
Red Book by Hamilton Public Library includes services located in the City of Hamilton and/or that serve Hamilton residents. These services must be Non-Profit, Community-Based, Government, Grassroots Organizations, and/or Elected Representatives (in a non-partisan manner).
Commercial organizations are not included, except in cases where they provide a service not offered by the non-profit sector, or they meet the specific needs of an underrepresented group.
Red Book by Hamilton Public Library includes services related to:
- Basic Needs
- Cultural Groups
- Employment and Training
- Faith Groups and Places of Worship
- Health Care
- Legal and Criminal System
- Settlement and Integration
- Youth Services
Listings included in the Red Book are free and subject to the discretion of Hamilton Public Library. By managing the Red Book, Hamilton Public Library will:
- Determine which records are included in the Red Book based on the Inclusion and Exclusion criteria.
- Accept no liability for accuracy of information in the Red Book and will not endorse any organization or program by its inclusion.
- Welcome suggestions and feedback to email@example.com.
- Reserve the right to determine and edit records at our discretion.
Red Book by Hamilton Public Library does not include private professionals, organizations or agencies offering services for profit. Hamilton Public Library reserves the right to exclude any organization that it believes may spread hatred or have a philosophy that could be hurtful to the well-being of individuals, groups or the community as a whole.
Potential grounds for exclusion or removal from the database may include, but are not limited to: service non-delivery, fraud, misrepresentation, discrimination based on grounds named in the Ontario Human Rights Code and/or the Canadian Charter of Human Rights, criminal activities, or operating outside of licensing mandates.
Hamilton Public Library may exclude or remove organizations from its resource database for any reason. The presence of a record in the Red Book collection does not indicate an endorsement of its contents by the Hamilton Public Library, nor does a record’s omission indicate disapproval.
Hamilton Public Library makes every effort to validate information contained in the Red Book on a timely basis. However, Hamilton Public Library does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information contained in the Red Book resource database.
Hamilton Public Library disclaims all responsibility and liability that may be asserted or claimed resulting from the information and procedures included in the database.
Copyright and Licensing
All information in the Red Book by Hamilton Public Library is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. Other uses may be permitted when explicit exceptions are agreed to by Hamilton Public Library.
Individuals and organizations are free to:
- Share - Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and
- Adapt - Remix, transform and build upon the material.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - Provide appropriate credit to Red Book by Hamilton Public Library, link to the license and indicate if changes were made.
- Non-commercial - The material is not used for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike - If you remix, transform or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Hamilton Public Library cannot revoke these freedoms, if the license terms are followed.
Creative Commons license terms and conditions are not triggered by uses permitted under any applicable exceptions.
Hamilton Public Library reserves the right to edit information to meet format, guideline, and space requirements.