The awards recognize outstanding women and organizations who are committed to the development of other women and to the overall improvement of the community.
The awards seek to recognize women who have:
- been a role model and inspired others through leadership
- broken new ground or old barriers, and been an agent for change
- participated actively as a volunteer
- made an impact in chosen field of endeavor
- assisted others to be successful in their achievements
- inspired and encouraged women to take part in shaping the future of their own lives and their communities
- been innovative in the way that they approach challenges facing women and the wider community
Open to women who meet the selection criteria and make their contribution in the City of Hamilton. Members of the current YWCA Hamilton Board, employees of YWCA Hamilton, and current members of the event committee are not eligible to nominate or be nominated. Previous award winners are not eligible. Posthumous applications cannot be accepted.
Contact for information