Provides interprofessional palliative/end of life care to people experiencing any life threatening illness. Focuses on patient and family-driven decision making to maintain comfort, quality of life, spirituality, autonomy, and dignity of each dying person. Part of the Hamilton Health Sciences Network.
88 Maplewood Ave
Patients must meet all six criteria:
- require the expertise of an on-site, palliative care interprofessional team to manage symptoms and distress
- are in the final stages of a life threatening illness
- have goals of care promoting comfort approach rather than aggressive treatment
- have a life expectancy ranging from several hours up to several months in duration
- have care needs that cannot be met at home or in another setting with the available resources
- are aged 18 years or older
Any individual can make a referral. Self-referrals are also accepted. Call to book a tour.
Urgent admission to the St. Peter's Palliative Care Program can usually be arranged within 48 hours following a referral.