Subjects taught include: piano, voice, violin, cello, guitar, woodwinds, early childhood music, rudiments, theory, composition, keyboard harmony. Lessons are available in-person and online.
- scheduled seminars and workshops for members as ongoing professional development
- recitals, concerts and festivals for students
- participation in various festivals offered in the GTA
- annual scholarships for students who have achieved first class honours in practical and theory subjects
- special events to support the Scholarship Fund
ORMTA membership is ideal for:
- Private music teachers who have a degree or diploma in music and teaching experience
- College and university professors of music
- School music teachers
- Specialists in early childhood music education
- Student teachers who have attained at least a grade 9 or 10 level and are continuing their education
Membership information can be found here.