Delivers hot meals to the homes of elderly, convalescent, disabled persons, or any person in need of a meal and unable to provide for themselves. Available on both a short-term and long-term basis to eligible clients. This volunteer-based program assists members of the community to remain in their homes as an alternative to retirement or nursing residences, while helping clients stay connected to their community and support their personal independence. Meal delivery is prepared by Set the Table Kitchen & Co. Food Delivery Service and delivered by volunteers.
Specialty diets (i.e. celiac, diabetic) may be accommodated upon request. A regular Meals on Wheels delivery consists of:
- Full course meal of meat vegetable(s), and a starch (pasta, potatoes or rice)
- 10 oz serving of hot soup
300 Wilson St E
Open to Ancaster residents (including Alberton, Lynden, Jerseyville and Carluke)
- Seniors who are finding it challenging preparing their own meals
- Adults who are chronically ill
- Adults living with a disability
- Adults convalescing from surgery or illness
- Adults undergoing medical treatment
Contact to pre-register. 24 hours notice is required for requests or cancellations.