Offers sector-specific bridging programs that will support highly skilled internationally trained immigrants (ITIs) integrate into the Canadian workforce. These programs are focused on helping ITIs get employment in the field in which they possess prior training and experience. Industries include HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), IT (Information Technology), and Network Cabling.
Participants will receive:
- Job development: job leads, connections to employers, and work placement
- Industry-specific training on workplace communication, pre-employment coaching, and technical skills training
- Relevant certifications
- One-on-one job search and job coaching support
This program is funded by the Ministry of Labor, Training, and Skills Development.
To be eligible for the program, participants must:
- be a naturalized Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee with valid open work permit
- have previous education or work experience from outside Canada that is related to the industry
- have attained at least Level 7 Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment
Contact for information.