Helps individuals with a developmental disability stay involved in their communities and live as independently as possible. Provides direct funding for community participation services and supports, activities of daily living, and person-directed planning. The program also provides funding for caregiver respite for primary caregivers of adults with developmental disabilities. The primary goals of this program are to:
- Foster independence by building on individuals’ abilities and
- Developing community participation, social and daily living skills
- Increase opportunities for participation in the community with supports that respect personal choices and decision-making
- Promote inclusion and broaden social relationships through the use of community resources and services available to everyone in the community
- Help persons transition from school to life as an adult in the community
- Support families and caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability so they can continue in their supportive role
This program is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) and operates in partnership with CHOICES Association, Inc., Community Living Hamilton, and Contact Hamilton for Children's and Developmental Services.
140 King St E
Suite 4, Hamilton
For individuals with a confirmed developmental disability, who live in Ontario.
Developmental Services Ontario Hamilton Niagara Region (DSO HNR, administered by Contact Hamilton) will answer inquiries, confirm eligibility, and complete application assessments. Call 905-297-5604 or toll free at 1-877-376-4674 x340.