Supports the successful settlement and integration of newcomers by providing newcomers with appropriate and timely information and referrals to government programs and community services.
- One-on-one and group information and orientation sessions (housing, health, financial assistance, employment, training and education, licensing and accreditation, language services etc.)
- Needs assessments, service planning and referrals to more specialized programs and services in the community
- Facilitate newcomer access to government and community services through support with interpretation, translations, advocacy, certain application forms etc.
Program funding provided by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
Program available to:
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- Convention Refugees and Persons in Need of Protection
- Individuals whose Permanent Resident application has been approved in principle
- Foreign domestic workers admitted under the Live-In Caregiver program
- Refugee Claimants
- Naturalized Canadian Citizens
- International Students
- Temporary Foreign Workers
- Approved Ontario Provincial Nominees
Call or visit for information.