Offers volunteers who assist individuals who are unable to complete income tax and benefit returns. Volunteer tax preparation clinics are offered in various locations across Canada, generally between February and April of each year. Some clinics operate year-round. Full list of clinics available on the website.
The following returns are not eligible for this service:
- returns for deceased persons
- individuals who file for bankruptcy
- self-employed individuals
- individuals who report capital gains or losses
- individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses
Open to all those with a low income and non-complex returns. Contact the location for specific income eligibility requirements.
Visit the website to find a local tax clinic, register to volunteer at a free tax clinic, or for information about how to host a free tax clinic.