Displaying 331 - 336 of

Rent Payment Assistance

Programs that make rental payments for people who are at risk of eviction without assistance. Also included are rent supplement programs that provide assistance with ongoing monthly rental costs. Rent payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.

Health and Residential Facility Evaluation Information

Programs that publish information about health and residential care facilities (including hospitals, dialysis facilities, home health care agencies, nursing facilities and supportive housing for older adults and people with disabilities) that helps consumers compare the facilities in their area and choose the option that best meets their needs. Some programs limit their comparisons to treatment that is related to specific conditions, e.g., heart attack, heart failure or pneumonia.

Water Filters

Programs that pay for or provide devices that remove particles and/or pollutants from water. Included are point-of-entry filters installed at the main water line where water first enters the home and deliver treated water to all sinks, baths, showers, dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and toilets; and point-of-use filters that are installed at a single water connection, typically under the counter of a kitchen or bathroom sink.

Supportive Housing Expense Assistance

Programs that pay all or a portion of the cost of a supportive living setting, including the services provided as part of the living setting, for individuals who, because of a disability or mental illness, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in their activities of daily living. Supportive living settings may include facilities and community care residences. Covered services generally include toileting, bathing, dressing, nursing services, vocational assistance, recreational activities, medication management and administration, meals, housekeeping and other similar forms of support.

Amusement/Recreation Attendants

Individuals who perform any of a variety of attendant services at amusement or recreation facilities. They may announce and describe amusement park attractions to patrons in order to entice customers to games and other entertainment; verify, collect or punch tickets before admitting patrons to venues such as amusement parks and rides; fasten safety devices for patrons or provide them with directions for fastening devices; operate, drive or explain the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals or recreation areas; provide assistance to patrons entering or exiting amusement rides, boats or ski lifts, or mounting or dismounting animals; tend amusement booths in parks, carnivals or stadiums, performing duties such as conducting games, photographing patrons and awarding prizes; rent, sell or issue sporting equipment and supplies such as bowling shoes, golf balls, swimming suits and beach chairs; schedule the use of recreation facilities such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling alleys and softball diamonds; operate and demonstrate the use of boats, such as rowboats, canoes, and motorboats; sell and serve refreshments to customers; drive horse-drawn vehicles for entertainment or advertising purposes; monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures; and arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.

Substance Use Disorder Service Provider Complaints

Programs that accept and, where possible, attempt to resolve complaints regarding the licensing or certification; incompetence of staff; cleanliness, safety and adequacy of facilities and equipment; treatment of clients; breaches of confidentiality; unethical, improper or unprofessional conduct of personnel; or other inappropriate business practices of organizations that provide services for people who have substance use disorders which may include education/prevention services, DUI offender programs, substance use disorder assessment, detoxification, inpatient treatment, supportive services or transitional residential services.