Aboriginal Patient Navigator (APN) provides pathways to healing through Holistic Approach (Spiritual, Emotional, Physical, & Mental). The APN Role is to help navigate the different pathways within the health care system, Traditional Healers, Traditional Practitioners, Medicines and cultural best practices and is available in all Hamilton area Hospitals.
- Coordination of care
- Elimination of barriers (real or perceived)
- Encouraging access to culturally appropriate health care services
- Referrals upon discharge from hospital or health care facility
- Hospital and Home visits
- Enhanced communication between individuals and health care providers
- Help with completing and understanding forms
- Maintaining regular contact during hospital stay
- Linking client/patient to local service providers
- Ensuring individuals and family understands care plan
Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Metis, Inuit) and their families or individuals who self-identify as connected to Indigenous heritage that are involved in the health system.
Contact for information.