Aims to support seniors at risk through a neighbourhood model of personal care. Operated as a collaborative project involving CityHousing Hamilton, Catholic Family Services, and St. Joseph's Home Care.
A team of on-site Personal Support Workers and home cleaners are in the building Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm and are available to help residents on a scheduled or as-needed basis. Services provided include:
- personal care (bathing, mouth care, hair care, preventative skin care)
- personal support/assistance (dressing/undressing, assistance with pre-measured medication, exercising, reassurance and safety checks)
- homemaking services (light housekeeping, laundry, and meal services)
- crisis intervention
- information and referral
- social and wellness promotion events
- clients are able to direct and participate in their own care
- 60 years of age or older
- require personal care assistance/support for daily living activities
- already living at 226 Rebecca Street & 360 King Street East or in the adjacent neighbourhood
Contact for information.