Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation provides individualized support services for those facing discrimination in accommodation in Ontario. They also run an early intervention eviction prevention program.
Their goal is to provide support for tenants so they can stay in their homes or prevent eviction and homelessness.
- They ensure tenants know their rights.
- Help tenants prepare for hearings at the Landlord and Tenant Board.
- Advocate and provide telephone mediation
- Refer tenants to income support services, housing help, counselling services and sources of legal assistance.
- Provide public education workshops on tenant rights.
CERA’s intake and case workers are not lawyers or paralegals and they are unable to provide callers with legal advice or legal representation. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer or your local Legal Aid Ontario community legal clinic.
Organizations that offer this Service
Sites that offer this Service
192 Spadina Ave.
Open to all.
Contact the organization for support and services.
Alyssa Brierley, Executive Director and General Counsel, CERA
ON211 Regional Partner
Last Full Update
April 28, 2022