Provides housing support services to individuals with serious mental illness who are involved in the criminal justice system. A rent supplement is available for participants. Goals of the program are to:
- Secure and maintain permanent and affordable housing
- Provide flexible, portable, and individualized supports
- Assist in the prevention of future involvement with the criminal justice system
- Provide connections and support with other community resources as required
Operates in partnership with the Mental Health Court Support Services Program through the Canadian Mental Health Association, Hamilton Branch.
Emergency or crisis services not provided. For access to emergency or crisis services, contact COAST Hamilton, ConnexOntario, or Crisis Services Canada.
Organizations that offer this Service
Sites that offer this Service
131 John St S
Program is designed for individuals:
- experiencing a serious mental illness
- living within the City of Hamilton
- who are currently involved with the criminal justice system
- connected with clinical support in the community
- who are deemed low risk
Referrals through healthcare professionals, family members or significant others, case management programs and other community agencies accepted. Self-referrals also accepted. Contact for information.
16 and older
Last Full Update
March 29, 2022