Provides financial assistance for eligible families requiring child care.
Depending on circumstances, applicants may be put on existing waiting list. Wait times will vary according to a family's priority for service and the available funding.
Those who are not wait listed are:
- Eligible families with a child who requires special needs resources
- Eligible families in high-risk situations and young parents aged 16 to 25 years
Eligibility is based on income and reasons for needing child care.
You must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Live in Hamilton
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Refugee, or have a valid Work Permit
- working or attending school a minimum of 20 hours/week
- Participating in an approved employment assistance activity through Ontario Works
- Received approval through the child care referral process.
Complete the online application form or call for information.