Provides a variety of life-skills training services for people who are blind or partially-sighted. Services are provided by certified specialists who will create a personalized rehabilitation plan.
- low vision services - functional eye assessment, eye disease information, techniques for maximizing eyesight, one-on-one instruction for sight-enhancing devices such as specialty magnifiers
- essential skills for daily living - instruction for use of large-print, braille, audio products, and adaptive technology, referrals to community programs and financial subsidies, safe techniques for everyday activities such as preparing meals, labelling medications, and using the phone
- travel and mobility instruction - teaches how to use the White Cane and other mobility tools, how to find and cross intersections, ride public transit, use the guiding technique to travel with a sighted person, and navigate new environments
- services for children and families - braille preparations, tactile learning sessions, peer programs. Provides educations materials for parents as well as access to local resources and workshops
- assistive technology services - instructs on use of devices such as accessible audiobook players, video magnifiers, computer screen readers etc. Also provides information on financial supports available through the Ontario Assistive Device Program
565 Sanatorium Rd
Open to all visually impaired individuals. Volunteers of any age are welcomed.
Contact for information.