Ontario provincial program that provides financial support for low to moderate income families to cover some of the extra costs of caring for a child who has a severe disability.
Funds are available to help with costs such as:
- transportation to medical appointments
- parental relief and respite
- wheelchairs and other assistive devices, including repairs
- hearing aids and batteries
- prescription drugs
- special shoes and clothes
- dental and vision care, including eye glasses
Open to all Ontario residents who are a parent or legal guardian of a child who is under 18 years of age, is living at home, and has a severe disability.
Contact the local regional office to request an application form.