Comprehensive employment and job search services offered throughout Hamilton. Contact the specific site for additional details.
- assessment of skills, interests and experience
- job search strategies, including resume preparation
- information about careers and occupations, local labour market, employment and training opportunities
- on-the-job training, work experience
- help in maintaining employment
- information and referral to other employment and community services
Second Career Program - skills training and financial support for laid-off workers
Services for employers - help in identifying human resource skills requirements * matching of workplace needs to workers' skills, capabilities, interests and experience * support for developing on-the-job training plans and monitoring of placements to support retention
Canada-Ontario Job Grant - financial support for individual employers to purchase training for their employees * available to small, medium and large businesses planning to deliver short-term training for existing or new employees
Self-service information and resources - anyone, including people with jobs, those who are under-employed, people looking for work, students, apprentices, internationally trained individuals, employers
Assisted services (such as supported job search, job matching and placement, job retention services) - people who are unemployed and out of school
Call or drop in, for general information on Employment Ontario services call the toll-free Employment Ontario contact centre at 1-800-387-5656 (TTY 1-866-533-6339) or visit the website.