Comprehensive employment and job search services
- assessment of skills, interests and experience
- job search strategies, including resume preparation
- information about careers and occupations, local labour market, employment and training opportunities
- on-the-job training, work experience
- help in maintaining employment
- information and referral to other employment and community services
Better Jobs Ontario
- skills training and financial support for laid-off workers
Services for employers
- help in identifying human resource skills requirements, matching of workplace needs to workers' skills, capabilities, interests and experience
- support for developing on-the-job training plans and monitoring of placements to support retention
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- financial support for individual employers to purchase training for their employees
- available to small, medium and large businesses planning to deliver short-term training for existing or new employees
Individuals of legal working age and not attending full time school or training; must be resident of Ontario and eligible to work in Canada.
Some organizations target this service to people with a disability. Please contact each agency for more details.
Call organization for specific program information.