A Community Justice Worker attends court daily and works with the offender and the Crown on referrals for diversion. The Community Justice Worker works collaboratively to determine, implement, and monitor sanctions, which may include:
- community service work
- letter of apology
- charitable donation
- referral to program options
- or alternative service within the community
Direct Accountability also includes three programs which are educational and informational in nature as part of this program: alcohol and drug awareness, anger management, stop shop theft.
This program is funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General.
Organizations that offer this Service
Sites that offer this Service
Hours vary, contact for details.
654 Barton St E
- Persons must be 18 years of age on the date of the alleged offence
- The offence must fall within the schedule of offences acceptable for the diversion
- The Crown Prosecutor must grant the individual the opportunity to enter the program based on severity of offence, prior police contact and involvement with the Criminal Justice System
Some translation services may be available
Call the organization for access to this program.
Last Full Update
April 27, 2023