Offers care attendants who provide physical assistance with activities of daily living such as personal grooming, transferring, dressing, bathing, and basic medical care.
Where funding and resources are available and in conjunction with personal care, this program can help with daily activities such as household management, homemaking services, or accompany consumers to medical appointments and special events.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have a permanent physical disability or acquired brain injury
- be 16 years of age or older
- be a resident of Ontario
- have a valid OHIP health card
- be able to direct their care (be capable of managing, determining, and communicating when and how they need assistance, and are able to co-operate with this provision)
- be eligible for specific Aging at Home programs
- not be in receipt of insurance funds
Contact for information or fill out the attendant service application form and submit it to the address on the form.