Offers programming to help fathers improve their relationships with their children. Programs are offered in 16 weekly sessions
- developing skills to cope with frustrating situations
- learning to recognize and change controlling and abusive behaviour
- understanding how different fathering strategies and choices affect children
- increasing awareness of controlling, abusive, and neglectful attitudes and behaviours
- understanding strategies to strengthen father-child relationships
There is a mandatory mother contact component to the Caring Dads program. A counsellor will contact the mothers of children connected to the fathers in group, to provide program information and resources. No personal disclosures made in group will be shared with mothers unless pertaining to a Duty to Report or other perceived threats to the safety of the mother and/or her children.
Open to all fathers who have regular contact on a weekly basis with their children.
Registration form is available on the website.