This services offers one-on-one career counselling and job preparedness workshops.
It offers support for Internationally trained professionals and second career applications.
There is pre-employment training, referrals and paid job placements for individuals aged 15-29.
This program provides:
- Comprehensive employment and job search services
- skills assessment
- resume preparation
- employment and training opportunities
And the following government programs:
Second Career Program - skills training and financial support for laid-off workers
Youth Job Connection
- paid pre-employment training
- job matching
- paid job placements with placement supports for participants and hiring incentives for employers
- education and work transitions support
Youth Job Connection Summer - summer job opportunities and part-time job placements during the year
- Services for employers
- help in identifying their human resource skill requirements
- matching of workplace needs to workers' skills, capabilities, interests and experience
- support for developing on-the-job training plans and monitoring of placements to support success and retention
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- financial support for individual employers to purchase training for their employees
- available to small, medium and large businesses planning to deliver short-term training for existing or new employees
Self-service information and resources eligibility: anyone, including people with jobs, those who are under-employed, people looking for work, students, apprentices, internationally trained individuals, employers
Assisted services (such as supported job search, job matching and placement, job retention services) eligibility: people who are unemployed and out of school
Youth Job Connection eligibility: Ontario residents 15-29 years who are eligible to work in Canada, unemployed, not attending school full time and experiencing multiple barriers to employment
Youth Job Connection Summer eligibility: Ontario residents 15-18 years who intend to continue high school or go on to post-secondary education after the job placement * focus on those facing challenging life circumstances and at risk of experiencing poor transitions between education and work
Call or drop in.
For general information on Employment Ontario services call the toll-free Employment Ontario contact centre at 1-800-387-5656 (TTY 1-866-533-6339) or visit their website.