Under the national Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP), the Government of Canada helps Government-Assisted Refugees (GARs) when they first arrive in Canada by providing direct financial support, and funding the provision of immediate and essential services. Wesley delivers RAP immediate and essential services to clients generally within four to six weeks of arrival in Canada.
These services include:
- reception services and temporary accommodation at Wesley Reception Centre and/or hotel
- assistance with locating permanent accommodation
- needs assessment and referrals to other settlement programs and community based services
- information and orientation on financial and non-financial information
- life skills training
- links to essential federal and provincial programs
52 Catharine St N
Open to government assisted refugees (GARs)
Contact the organization to apply.